The Biomedical Device Prototyping Service (BDPS) will assist in the design, initial fabrication and refinement of prototype biomedical devices in the following areas:
- Complimentary engineering consultation
- Develop device requirements and specifications
- Provide cost estimates and tracking for initialprototype fabrication
- Identify and coordinate with other university groups and outside vendors for fabrication needs
- Provide assembly, testing and proof of performance
- Provide modifications and improvements to initial designs
- Referrals to organizations to provide guidance and assistance in further product development.