BIO5 Ambassadors Internship
The BIO5 Ambassador Internship is a unique two semester (Fall 2019 - Spring 2020) opportunity offered by the BIO5 Institute that will allow undergraduate students to earn 2 internship credits through the CLAS department (LASC 393/493)*.
The program will focus on professional development skills such as public speaking, marketing, networking, business etiquette, and more. It will also allow students to learn more about the collaboration of business and research.
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Must be able to take 300/400 level classes (advanced standing)
- Must be able to commit time for two semesters, consisting of 12 weeks per semester, 3-4 hours a week
- Must be willing to shadow a BIO5 staff member in an educational manner
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher is recommended
- CANNOT be currently employed by the University (per DCC/UA policy)
BIO5 Ambassador Interns Will
- Attend weekly professional development workshops (around 9 per semester)
- Work with a mentor of their choice for a minimum of a semester
- Experience BIO5 sponsored events
- Become fully trained to administer tours of the BIO5 Institute
Please submit your application on Handshake.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
*Regular tuition & fees apply