BIO5 Ambassador Internship
2023-2024 applications are now closed. Please email any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
The BIO5 Ambassador Internship is a unique two-semester opportunity offered by the BIO5 institute that will allow undergraduate students from all majors to earn 2 internship credits while building professional skills, making connections, and working with mentors at the BIO5 Institute on projects with real-world impacts.
- Learn about the collaboration of business and science
- Work on a project of your choice with a BIO5 staff mentor throughout the internship
- Learn strategies for science communications
- Earn 2 internship credits through The A Center (TLS393/493)
- Must be able to take 300/400 level classes (advanced standing)
- Must be able to commit 40 credit hours/semester for 1 credit during Fall and Spring semesters
- Not currently employed by the University (per DCC/UA policy)
2023 - 2024 Ambassador Interns
Adeeb Hossain (Class of 2024) is majoring in biomedical sciences with minors in sports management and biochemistry. His internship will focus on outreach for the KEYS Research Internship program. Adeeb will visit schools in Tucson to share his experiences as an undergraduate student and researcher. Hoping to open his own medical practice one day, he wants to learn more about the business side of research.
Shiv Shukla (Class of 2027) is an economics major. For his internship, he is working with the BIO5 Institute business manager to learn how to track revenues and expenditures for individual lab accounts. He is excited to make connections and interact with UArizona researchers, seeing the business side of science, and learning about research and hospital administration.