Biomedical Device Prototyping Service
The Biomedical Device Prototyping Service (BDPS) located in the Keating Building is a service provided for UArizona researchers to assist in the development of new novel devices, modification to existing devices or development of devices to assist in research activities.
- Mechanical, electrical and software engineering support
- Machine shop coordination
- 3D printing services
We can provide complete analysis, design, fabrication, modification and testing services throughout entire process of development, or simply provide these services for only a portion of the overall project.
BDPS has assisted researchers in the following ways:
- Develop new and novel devices
- Modify existing devices to add an enhancement, new feature or alteration to meet different requirements
- Modify existing devices for new applications
- Replicate experimental setups to continue research in an existing area
- Provide fixturing or added devices to an experimental setup
- Design closed loop control systems for experimental configurations
- Provide initial assistance and information to help the researcher in commercializing a device with Tech Launch Arizona
Work With Us
Initial consultations with BDPS are at no cost to the researcher. In the development of a device, the costs for materials and services as well as BDPS labor efforts must be covered by the researchers. The materials and services must be paid for at the time of purchase or after the service is provided. BDPS labor charges are transferred at the conclusion of the project. Some funding to assist the researcher in the development may be available through BIO5.
Please contact BDPS to discuss your ideas and needs:
BIO5 Institute, University of Arizona
Keating Building Room 105
Scott Derigne (email@example.com)